Been here for over a week already. So far I feel like it’s …Oh god… a better version of the best European or North American cities… Am I even allowed to say that after only a week?! I am not saying that Sydney will be the perfect match for me (I am twisted), but I have to admit the city has it all:
- An amazing weather !! Worst day so far : 24°C (76°F)with rain…for an hour
- Beautiful beaches with actual soft and clean sand, blue water (at 20°C the other day)
- A gorgeous bay with little islands all over , pinguins (nop I have not seen any sharks…Yet;-)), and of course, the Opera, Harbour Bridge and Luna Park
- A dynamic CBD
- Cute shops and cafés
- Surfers!!! I said I will learn to surf but winter is going to show up soon and I am sorry but the water is going to be too cold for me..However..if I see the guy that looked like Kelly Slater (with hair) again…. I might just jump into the water right away!
- Oh and two hours away from the city you have the beautiful blue mountains. I took stunning pictures there that I will be sharing soon.
So let’s see! If I don’t end up being completely broke and homeless by the end of the month (Sydney being one of the most expensive city in the world), find a job and a nice place to unpack my two big suitcases with – cherry on the cake -great rommates, I might just stay there for a little while. If not…I heard Australia is full of beauties and opportunities;-) Stay tuned!