If you have met me somewhere between 2005 and today, you know I lived 3 years in San Francisco and that it greatly impacted my life, in a good way. You know I would have stayed there, if getting a sponsorship from an American company was not that damn hard! Sigh… SF, baby, I will always love and miss you!
According to my friends, I am slightly obsessed with San Francisco – SLIGHTLY – and perhaps they are right after all. While in Sydney, I could not help but notice all these resemblances between these two cities.
Take a look for yourself and tell me if I am THAT crazy 🙂 :
- They both have an iconic bridge. SF has my favorite landmark on earth, the Golden Gate Bridge while Sydney has the Harbour Bridge.
- They are both on a bay and you can just stay hours contemplating your surrounding and walking by the water.
- They both have the biggest and most dynamic gay village of their country. The Castro in San Francisco, Oxford Street in Sydney.
- They both have prison island(s). SF has Alcatraz, Sydney has Fort Denison and also Cockatoo island.
- They both have a vibrant Chinatown.
- You may prefer one over the other…but you cannot deny that they are both BEAU-TI-FUL.